This lip balm is one of the easiest DIYs you will ever do, and it makes your lips taste like a delicious Lemon Drop Cocktail (or Lemon Cake)!
Lemon Drop Lip Balm is just one of the recipes included in our Lemon Drop Collection. You can view the complete essential oil DIY project by clicking on the link above and you will find the individual recipes at the bottom of this post.
Before we get to the recipe, I need to first mention photosensitivity. A few essential oils can cause photosensitivity (mostly citrus). If used topically on skin, and then exposed to sunlight, skin damage can occur. Let's not do that.
Don’t worry! When properly diluted, you can use photosensitive essential oils, like lemon, in the sun without any issues. I have done all the math for you and the amount of lemon essential oil in the recipe below is a safe dilution.
If you are wondering, these are the safe levels of citrus oils to use in your DIY recipes:
Now, are you ready to get crafty? Let's do this!
7 tubes of lip balm
• Melt the beeswax, butters, and grape seed oil.
• Remove from heat and add your essential oil.
• Pour into the lip balm tubes and let cool.
(Save a little bit to top off the lip balm after it settles in the tubes.)
1. Save yourself some time and buy this double-boiler. It will change your life.
2. This Lip Balm Crafting Kit will make pouring lip balm 100x easier.
3. Alternate method: Instead of pouring the lip balm into tubes, you can use a medicine syringe to easily fill the tubes. No muss, no fuss!
4. Need some carrier oil on the go? Make this recipe and don't add any essential oils! You can rub the plain lip balm anywhere, then add a drop or two of essential oils as needed!
Lemon Drop Whipped Body Butter
Lemon Drop Salt Scrub (coming soon!)
Lemon Drop Roller
Mimosa (and Creamsicle) Lip Balm
Margarita Lip Balm
Paloma (and Grapefruit) Lip Balm
Peppermint Lip Balm
Gingerbread Lip Balm
Vanilla Mint Lip Balm
Lavender Lip Balm
Vanilla Creme Lip Balm
Thank you for visiting! I would love to see your DIY projects in action! Be sure to tag @EssentiallyCrafty on Instagram. I like to surprise people with coupons and free printables!