This lip balm is one of the easiest DIY projects you will ever do, and makes your lips taste like a delicious Paloma!
Don't be fooled by other recipes you have found online. Adding grapefruit essential oil to a lip balm recipe does not a Paloma make! This is the bougie lip balm recipe you've been looking for that actually smells like a Paloma, my friend.
Paloma Lip Balm is just one of the recipes included in our Paloma Collection. You can view the complete essential oil DIY project by clicking on the link above and you will find the individual recipes at the bottom of this post.
Before we get to the recipe, I need to first mention photosensitivity. A few essential oils can cause photosensitivity (mostly citrus). If used topically on skin, and then exposed to sunlight, skin damage can occur. Let's not do that.
Don’t worry! When properly diluted, you can use photosensitive essential oils, like lemon, in the sun without any issues. I have done all the math for you and the amount of grapefruit essential oil in the recipe below is a safe dilution.
If you are wondering, these are the safe levels of citrus oils to use in your DIY recipes:
Now, are you ready to get crafty? Let's do this!
7 tubes of lip balm
• Melt the beeswax, butters, and grape seed oil.
• Remove from heat and add your essential oil.
• Pour into the lip balm tubes and let cool.
(Save a little bit to top off the lip balm after it settles in the tubes.)
1. Save yourself some time and buy this double-boiler. It will change your life.
2. This Lip Balm Crafting Kit will make pouring lip balm 100x easier.
3. Alternate method: Instead of pouring the lip balm into tubes, you can use a medicine syringe to easily fill the tubes. No muss, no fuss!
4. Need some carrier oil on the go? Make this recipe and don't add any essential oils! You can rub the plain lip balm anywhere, then add a drop or two of essential oils as needed!
Paloma Whipped Body Butter
Paloma Salt Scrub (coming soon!)
Lemon Drop (or Lemon Cake) Lip Balm
Mimosa (and Creamsicle) Lip Balm
Margarita Lip Balm
Peppermint Lip Balm
Gingerbread Lip Balm
Vanilla Mint Lip Balm
Lavender Lip Balm
Vanilla Creme Lip Balm
Thank you for visiting! I would love to see your DIY projects in action! Be sure to tag @EssentiallyCrafty on Instagram. I like to surprise people with coupons and free printables!