This lip shimmer is TINTED for your fancy little ladies. I have two color options for you, Mica and Liquid Carmine. Both of them are rated as safe ingredients by EWG, but again, it is up to your discretion. You may choose to omit this ingredient if you are not comfortable. For shimmer, you will want to use the Mica.
Wintermint Tinted Lip Balm is just one project of our Frozen-Inspired "Ice Princess" gift set. You can view the complete essential oil DIY project by clicking on the link above and you will find the individual recipes at the bottom of this post.
Are you ready to get crafty? Let's do this!
Lip Balm Tubes
Ice Princess Printable Labels
2 TBSP White Beeswax Pellets
1 TBSP Kokum Butter
1 TBSP Mango Butter
2 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Mica (or 4 drops of Liquid Carmine)
10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
7 tubes of lip balm
• Melt the beeswax, butters, and grape seed oil.
• Remove from heat and add the peppermint essential oil.
• Stir in the Mica (or Liquid Carmine).
• Pour into the lip balm tubes and let cool.
(Save a little bit to top off the lip balm after it settles in the tubes.)
1. Save yourself some time and buy this double-boiler. It will change your life.
2. This Lip Balm Crafting Kit will make pouring lip balm 100x easier.
3. Need some carrier oil on the go? Make this recipe and don't add any essential oils! You can rub the plain lip balm anywhere, then add a drop or two of essential oils as needed!
"Let It Grow" Hair Spray
Shimmering Body Spray
Tinted Wintermint Lip Shimmer
OTHER LIP BALM RECIPES:
Lavender Lip Balm
Vanilla Creme Lip Balm
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Lip Balm
Peppermint Lip Balm
Thank you for visiting! I would love to see your DIY projects in action! Be sure to tag @EssentiallyCrafty on Instagram. I like to surprise people with coupons and free printables!