Vanilla Creme Lip Balm is just one of the recipes included in our "Fresh Face Beauty" and "Pampering" projects. You can view the complete essential oil DIY projects by clicking on the links above and you will find additional lip balm recipes at the bottom of this post.
Now, are you ready to get crafty? Let's do this!
Of all our recipes, I am most proud of my lip balm. I am not a fan of lip balm made with coconut oil. I find the texture off-putting. I looked and looked for a lip balm recipes without Coconut Oil or Shea butter and could never find one, so I created this recipe with... Kokum Butter!
Kokum Butter was an amazing discovery for our family. My youngest daughter is allergic to nuts and shea is (surprisingly) a nut! Did you know that?! Some people with nut allergies aren’t bothered by Shea, but my daughter is, which makes almost all beauty products a no-go for her. Kokum is a fantastic alternative to Shea and everyone who provided feedback for my many lip balm recipe trials, preferred the recipes with Kokum over Shea!
I get asked a lot if you can substitute other butters/oils in this recipe. The answer is yes and no. You certainly can, but this recipe (unmodified) makes the best lip balm you have ever used.
7 tubes of lip balm
• Melt the beeswax, butters, and grape seed oil.
• Remove from heat and add your essential oil.
• Pour into the lip balm tubes and let cool.
(Save a little bit to top off the lip balm after it settles in the tubes.)
1. Save yourself some time and buy this double-boiler. It will change your life.
2. This Lip Balm Crafting Kit will make pouring lip balm 100x easier.
3. Need some carrier oil on the go? Make this recipe and don't add any essential oils! You can rub the plain lip balm anywhere, then add a drop or two of essential oils as needed!
Healing Foot Balm
Thank you for visiting! I would love to see your DIY projects in action! Be sure to tag @EssentiallyCrafty on Instagram. I like to surprise people with coupons and free printables!