I am obsessed with Young Living’s Very Merry VanillaMint Salt Scrub. I look forward to buying it every holiday season and I ration it to make the scrub last as long as possible. I made it my mission to create a copycat recipe to use year round and I did! You are going to love it, and it is costs a fraction of the price to make. When you are using this scrub in the shower, be very careful. It is SLIPPERY!
BENEFITS OF HIMALAYAN SALT:
• Himalayan salt scrubs have minerals and nutrients good for the skin. There is chromium for reducing skin infections and helping out with breakouts, sulfur for remedying dry patches, zinc for scar-healing, and magnesium, calcium, and potassium for restoring skin cells and fighting the signs of aging.
• Himalayan salt scrubs detoxify skin by removing dirt, bacteria, and toxins that are found deep within our pores. People consider it the purest type of salt and therefore, detoxifies and cleanses better. This kind of deep cleaning prevents bad acne breakouts because it eliminates bacteria and keeps skin clean. It also unclogs pores allowing our skin to breathe. As a result, we get healthier and younger-looking skin.
• The act of rubbing is proven to boost blood circulation. Rubbing with Himalayan salt scrubs improves circulation by shedding flaky skin that sometimes obstructs blood flow. With better blood flow, cells function more efficiently and fight skin infections better.
Now, are you ready to get crafty?! Let's do this!
VanillaMint Printable Labels
1/4 cup Cupuacu Butter
1/4 cup Sunflower Seed Oil
1/4 + 1/8 cup of Pink Himalayan Salt (fine)
5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
8 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
• Melt the Cupuacu Butter in a double boiler
• Remove from heat and add the Sunflower Seed Oil.
• Add essential oils.
• Add 1/4 cup of salt then stir. Add an additional 1/8 cup of salt and stir again. The salt scrub with thicken slightly in the next few hours as the butter hardens.
Note #1: This recipe makes a creamy salt scrub. If you like your salt scrubs with more grit, add more salt.
Note #2: I used Pink Himalayan Salt because I wanted this recipe to look just like Young Living’s Very Merry VanillaMint Salt Scrub. (Success!) You can also make this recipe with white Dead Sea Salt.
BENEFITS OF DEAD SEA SALT:
Dead Sea Salt contains 21 minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. These essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies but must be replenished, as they are lost throughout the day. These minerals are known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
HEALING PROPERTIES OF MINERALS FOUND IN DEAD SEA SALT:
Magnesium: Promotes quick healing of skin tissue and provides the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements, also essential for cell metabolism.
Iodine: Important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and aids in the body's metabolic exchanges.
Sulfur: A natural disinfectant (constituent of certain vitamins). Known as a powerful detoxifying agent, as it works closely with the liver to rid the body of toxins.
Potassium: Helps balance moisture in the skin and body, aides in the reduction of water retention and in the nourishment of cells, and regulates the nervous system.
Calcium: An essential mineral, known to strengthen bones and teeth, also strengthens cell membranes and cleanses pores.
Research into general Dead Sea benefits and the minerals found in Dead Sea Salt has shown a 40% reduction in the depth of the wrinkling. The minerals also moisturize, detoxify and soften the skin and enhance relaxation of the body – making us not only look younger, but feel younger as well.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, or salt-lick if you will. You can read more about the magic of Dead Sea Salt here
OTHER VANILLA MINT RECIPES:
VanillaMint Lip Balm
VanillaMint Whipped Body Butter
OTHER SALT SCRUB RECIPES:
Thank you for visiting! I would love to see your DIY projects in action! Be sure to tag @EssentiallyCrafty on Instagram.
I like to surprise people with coupons and free printables!